Why Trust Is Critical To Building a Scalable Security Team With Gusto’s Fredrick Lee
"The people who actually work with me (not for me), do their jobs better"
Gusto is a People Platform and as the chief information security officer, Fredrick Lee (AKA Lee) knows company value starts with your employees. If you don't take care of your employees, you can't take care of your customers.
Being a great leader is not only about inspiring your team and making them want to do more but also, and more importantly, is about transparency and building trust.
Tune in into today's episode for a master class on how to lead a security organization from the trenches.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- What makes a great security leader
- The power of transparency in leadership.
- Why is it important that security leaders have experience practicing beyond management.
- What inspired Flee to make the jump from being a practitioner to being a leader.
- How to join a new company and build a security program from zero.
- What security teams can do when working in a hypergrowth environment.
- Why Flee trusts people but not computers.
- 3 Pieces of advice to security leaders that you can't miss!
How to Build Scalable Security Teams with Cynthia Moore
Cynthia Moore discusses how to build scalable security teams and how to encourage teams to turn 'impossible' problems into possible outcomes.
Navigating Security Team Roles with Cassio Goldschmidt
Cassio Goldschmidt discusses the differences between building a modern security team in established companies and startups.